The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is the first forum I've ever posted on, so forgive me if I'm being a noob :grin2:

I have a 3 gallon with 3 Amano shrimp and a baby female betta, a 5.5 gallon with a male Vieltail betta, and a 10 gallon that has no fish. All my tanks have plants in them: java fern, water sprite, drawf hair grass, some random petco plant called compacto, and almond leaves. They also have manzanita driftwood, banana root stems, and slate.

The 10 gallon has me scratching my head...I believe I have detritus worms but I have no fish. I've never added fish food. My substrate is meant for plant growth and came presoaked in water. This tank was hastily set up the day I got watersprite and hornwort from an online retailer that sold plants for ponds. The watersprite was huge compared to what I was expecting, so I'm assuming it grew in a pond rather than an aquarium. The hornwort was removed because no matter what tank it went in, it lost all it's needles and the clean up was a pain.

Any have some idea as to what cause the worms to flourish? Prior to adding the sponge filter, I have an aqeuon hang-on-the-back filter with carbon and polyfill as filter media since I bought the wrong size filter cartridge (oops :icon_frow )

Everything I've read online says it's due to poor water quality and overfeeding, but I have no fish to feed! I do 25% water changes every week as well. I'm wondering if dipping everything in the tank (the filter, the decorations, the driftwood, the rocks, the substrate) in a 19 parts water to 1 part bleach solution will be the only way to get rid of them.

any feedback on what I can do with any of my tanks is welcomed and much appreciated :D thank you!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.