The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone...I am a beginer level for CRS. Problem is its not easy to find tests kits around my country. Then I decided to make own recipe with industrial grade chemicals
K2SO4
CaSO4.2H2O
MgSO4.7H2O
KHCO3

Is this good enough?
Mesurement taken from RB calculator for total 155 PPM. For 10L RO
But prepared stock comes 200PPM
And little turbid...is it normal? Or need Analytical grade elements?

Assume impurities and scale precision(0.1g) got error. Any idea please comment.

Thanks
Asanka

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
@Asanka SL this is what I've seen recommended. No carbonates or bicarbonates for crystal shrimp. This is meant to be used in a tank with active substrate that lowers the pH of the water as well as with RO or distilled water. If you wanted some KH, then you could replace 15-20 grams of Calcium Sulphate with Calcium Carbonate. I buy pre-mixed minerals, so I have no experience using this method.

@Tiger15 I could be completely wrong but the idea that ghost shrimp ate their offspring could have come from the fact that many offspring don't make it to adult-hood due to lack of minerals or food or something else and just "naturally" die off. (aka they weren't brutally attacked and killed) Many people have successfully bred them in freshwater without doing anything particularly special for them.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Hi everyone...I am a beginer level for CRS. Problem is its not easy to find tests kits around my country. Then I decided to make own recipe with industrial grade chemicals
K2SO4
CaSO4.2H2O
MgSO4.7H2O
KHCO3

Is this good enough?
Mesurement taken from RB calculator for total 155 PPM. For 10L RO
But prepared stock comes 200PPM
And little turbid...is it normal? Or need Analytical grade elements?

Assume impurities and scale precision(0.1g) got error. Any idea please comment.

Thanks
Asanka
I hate to be that person again, but please start your own thread about this so you can get better attention instead of hijacking another person's thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Asanka SL this is what I've seen recommended. No carbonates or bicarbonates for crystal shrimp. This is meant to be used in a tank with active substrate that lowers the pH of the water as well as with RO or distilled water. If you wanted some KH, then you could replace 15-20 grams of Calcium Sulphate with Calcium Carbonate. I buy pre-mixed minerals, so I have no experience using this method.

View attachment 1026060

@Tiger15 I could be completely wrong but the idea that ghost shrimp ate their offspring could have come from the fact that many offspring don't make it to adult-hood due to lack of minerals or food or something else and just "naturally" die off. (aka they weren't brutally attacked and killed) Many people have successfully bred them in freshwater without doing anything particularly special for them.
I got all elements you mention thanks. Do i need to get industrial grade or Analytical grade?
And your recipe, what volume of RO water to disolve ?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
@Asanka SL that depends on what GH you want in the RO water... and like I said, I've never gone that route so I don't know. Just what I've seen recommended elsewhere.

@ichthyogeek maybe a mod or admin could separate the posts into a new thread?
Maybe! Let's tag one! @somewhatshocked , pretty please with a cherry on top?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.