The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As im very new to this hobby so im just collecting any information so my investment wouldnt be a waste here :icon_smil. I am getting a 16x3x3 tank as im planning to keep an arowana and discus in a planted tank. The filter system im using is sump filter system with a return pump connected to an external reactor. It will be connected to a 400cm spray bar which will hopefully distribute Co2 through my tank. i have been doing alot of research although still not sure about the light system. My most concern is the substrate choice as it would not b easy if the substrate fail on me and i need to replace it. So please advice me any substrate that would last for a very long time. My choice is kinda limited as im living in Thailand. Thank you

·
Registered
365 Posts
Not familiar about what is available in thailand so can't really help you there... I haven't used soil before, but some members use soil and cap it off with gravel or some other substrate of their choice. Also not sure if soil ever fails...

Your tank sounds like it will of epic proportions! I demand that you post pics when you set it up! ;) Please tell me you're getting a super red arowana. It's always been my dream to own one but will probably never be able to... :(

Good luck with your setup!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will definitely show u the set up picture just order the glass tho it will take quite awhile to deliver and yes you are right im getting mayb 3 super red arowana. What i meant by substrate that doesnt fail is substrate that i doesnt have to remove and throw away i have read that stuff like ADA soil will turn into mud just over 2 years time i wouldnt want to renovate such a big aquarium.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm still a noobie aquarist myself and have only used gravel so far. I do plan on getting eco-complete though. It is inert like gravel but is more porous so it will help retain any nutrients or fertilizers better that you dose.

Really jealous about the aros... lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts