The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Been pretty MIA from the hobby since 2010.

I'm looking for a company out of San Fransico that was selling really inexpensive, but good quality, lighting...both t5HO and HID if I recall. As of 2010 they were notoriously out of stock because of supply issues.

I know this is really vague, but really, they were the shiznizzle at the time. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
So, can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Been pretty MIA from the hobby since 2010.

I'm looking for a company out of San Fransico that was selling really inexpensive, but good quality, lighting...both t5HO and HID if I recall. As of 2010 they were notoriously out of stock because of supply issues.

I know this is really vague, but really, they were the shiznizzle at the time. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
Hi jmhart,

You may want to check out this excellent thread, specifically the chart comparing several brands of fixtures including the FishNeedIt fixture. There is only one worse T5HO fixture with regards to output.

·
Surrounded by Blyxa
1,543 Posts
<cough>Finnex<cough>

LED's for actually growing plants have really taken off in the past few years. Relatively inexpensive, non DIY solutions have only really become available in the past year. I would argue that there are almost no reasons to not consider LEDs when setting up new tanks now.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<cough>Finnex<cough>

LED's for actually growing plants have really taken off in the past few years. Relatively inexpensive, non DIY solutions have only really become available in the past year. I would argue that there are almost no reasons to not consider LEDs when setting up new tanks now.

I'm actually learning that right at this moment. Very interesting stuff. In 2009/2010, people were starting to play around with LEDs but was definitely still in the "early adopter" phase. Seems like things have changed.

That Finnex Ray 2 is pretty impressive looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.