The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't visited this site in over 9 months. Been awhile!

Little bit of an update...

I have moved 10 (I think? Might be more) times in the last three years.

Tried keeping up with the hobby during that time, but moving a lot does not bode well for plants and fish.

Anyways, I doubt I will be able to keep an aquarium anytime soon since I am still planning on adventuring and exploring the country some more.

I am currently in Takotna, AK. It is a small remote village with 52 people (well, I guess 53 now that I am here).

Yesterday, I took a snow mobile for a 2 hour ride to the only grocery store for 200 miles, over rough terrain, frozen rivers, and mountains.

It's wonderful here, and I don't know if I should blame global warming or El Niño for the strange warm weather here. It was 40*f out today, and that is incredibly warm! I was out in a T-shirt, haha. I'm sure it will drop back down to the normal -40* here shortly. I wish I had more time for the forum and I definitely enjoyed seeing some you guys at the AGA convention last spring in D.C.

Anyways, if you guys want to keep up with my adventures, give me a follow on Instagram. @daplantman

Here is where I was at last week:

Internet here is really spotty, but I hope to try and visit and learn more and give some of my knowledge while I am bored in this tiny log cabin. Although, I should stay pretty busy preparing for the Iditarod checkpoint here in Takotna. They bring in over 12,000lbs of dog food and a couple tons of hay for the dogs here!

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
Glad you checked in. Was thinking about you last week. Heck I remember back in the 80's when AK was warmer than us here in FL.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I left the hobby in 1987 and just started up again when the wife & daughter bought me a 125 gallon for Christmas 2014. In 1987 I took a job that resulted in moves every year or so. Shortest was 8 months. Longest was 39 months. My 30 fish tanks was a "no way" for all those moves.

Enjoy life and the hobby will come back when it is time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.