The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I'm about to start up a 45cm cube (24g) in my bedroom and wanted to hear what all of you would put in it. I have 3 other tanks in my apt. I just bought this 45cm cube as well as a 35cm cube that will go on a desk in my back room (with a 90cm wide tank). I have a planted tank with neocardinia shrimp (yellow, blue, cherry) and neons in my living room.

I am unsure what to do with this 45cm cube. I had thought about making it a cherry shrimp only tank. It will have brown substrate and I just got a beautiful driftwood centerpiece and three smaller pieces to go with it. I also have some lightish-brown rock I might be able to mix in. If you have/had a tank in your bedroom, would it be only fish or only shrimp? I had thought about chili rasboras, Celestial Pearl Danios, ember tetras or lampeyes to go with the shrimp but I'm not sure I would do that if I want to breed them, or at least have them flourish. I guess that would REALLY depend on which animal you prefer.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My bedroom nano has ember tetras, and I love the activity.

I think you might consider chilis with your shrimp though, and if it's well planted I imagine plenty of napuli will make it since chilis are pretty dinky and can't swallow anything over probably a half millimeter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts