The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this light?

Light Font Line Screenshot Audio equipment

Im looking for an automatic dimmer/timer to get for this. None of the Beamswork timers/dimmers plug directly to this as it is a different plug.
It is set on a normal outlet timer now but always pops on at full intensity. I would like it to come on at a lower setting to control algea.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
12,803 Posts
Does anyone have this light?

View attachment 1034220

Im looking for an automatic dimmer/timer to get for this. None of the Beamswork timers/dimmers plug directly to this as it is a different plug.
It is set on a normal outlet timer now but always pops on at full intensity. I would like it to come on at a lower setting to control algea.

Anyone have any ideas?
Interesting ....

Q:What add-on timer workers with this light? It has a plug to add a timer but cant find one thats compatible

A: None right now. It’s not out yet.

topdogsellers Seller · 10 months ago
As long as the power supply easily detaches from the light adding a timer/ dimmer is pretty easy.
I think the little in line timer dimmer isn't removable.

Par and stuff...

Reactions: Goodwood

·
Registered
204 Posts
i would get the beamswork rise, dim, and timer over the nicrew because the beamswork rise/set occurs in a 30 minute timeframe compared to the nicrew's 15 min. elsewise both work identically, including letting only one set of times rise and fall.

losing power saves the settings. just have to change clock.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting ....

As long as the power supply easily detaches from the light adding a timer/ dimmer is pretty easy.
I think the little in line timer dimmer isn't removable.

Par and stuff...
I was told by the same seller that a controller for these lights would be available in a couple weeks.... this was over 4 months ago. Im sure with the whole pandemic thing, its highly possible it is in purgatory inside a cargo container somewhere.

Thank you for the link to that review!
The little controller it comes with is "removable" but im left with a barrel plug from the power source and the 4 prong plug at the other.

i would get the beamswork rise, dim, and timer over the nicrew because the beamswork rise/set occurs in a 30 minute timeframe compared to the nicrew's 15 min. elsewise both work identically, including letting only one set of times rise and fall.

I would definitely like to get the Beamswork rise/dim/timer.

Is it just a matter of wiring controller "A" to light "B"? I can wire it up if it is a matter of making the right connections happen. Just not sure if the hardware is compatible.

Ill try it, for the sake of experimenting. I just want to make sure it is of sound logic before I have to put the whole thing in the "I'll Use That Some Day" bin.

The picture has the light plug on the left and the timer/dimmer I thought would work on the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,803 Posts
4 pins... 2 channels...according to them white/ green and red/blue.

So you either need the 2 channels or gang them into one
Only specs you need to watch is voltage and current.
Most of these "aftermarket" timers are designed for 12 to 24 volt power supply. I assume yours is in that range.
Most take 4a to 6 amps on each channel but check the specs..
48" is 30 watts with 130/20 diodes per channel
So guessing about 2.2a (30 * 130/150 = watts / 12 volts (15?) = Amps) on main white channel.
Much less on the other

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4 pins... 2 channels...according to them white/ green and red/blue.

So you either need the 2 channels or gang them into one
Only specs you need to watch is voltage and current.
Most of these "aftermarket" timers are designed for 12 to 24 volt power supply. I assume yours is in that range.
Most take 4a to 6 amps on each channel but check the specs..
48" is 30 watts with 130/20 diodes per channel
So guessing about 2.2a (30 * 130/150 = watts / 12 volts (15?) = Amps) on main white channel.
Much less on the other
Awesome. Will report back with news!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

I have both and the Nicrew is much easier to program and the Beamswork one I have is flakey about working correctly. Sometimes it will others it won't and out of warranty. Just my opinion of course, but the Nicrew has proven to be more reliable and long lasting.

Reactions: Goodwood

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have both and the Nicrew is much easier to program and the Beamswork one I have is flakey about working correctly. Sometimes it will others it won't and out of warranty. Just my opinion of course, but the Nicrew has proven to be more reliable and long lasting.
i have both too, imo both are programmed the same, unless you are talking about the beamswork timer that plugs into the side of the fixture and lets you get only blue or blue and white.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts