The Planted Tank Forum banner

BeamsWork Razor EA80 LED Light 30" 6500K

1759 5
This was recommended to me in another thread I had started, so I decided to go with it seemed to fit my requirements for low/medium light plants for a 36 gal Bowfront, with out CO2 infusion.
Issue is AquaTrader which was linked to me is out of stock and that they have not responded to my e-mails. Does anyone know if this is something they regularly keep in stock, because I can't find another one anywhere online. The light needs to be 30".
I really need the new light, am I better off waiting or looking for a different light, I would like to not spend over 50 and there was another thread on here that had some real good info comparing the razor to one the other common brands I think the Finnix not sure though.
Thanks for the help.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
This was recommended to me in another thread I had started, so I decided to go with it seemed to fit my requirements for low/medium light plants for a 36 gal Bowfront, with out CO2 infusion.
Issue is AquaTrader which was linked to me is out of stock and that they have not responded to my e-mails. Does anyone know if this is something they regularly keep in stock, because I can't find another one anywhere online. The light needs to be 30".
I really need the new light, am I better off waiting or looking for a different light, I would like to not spend over 50 and there was another thread on here that had some real good info comparing the razor to one the other common brands I think the Finnix not sure though.
Thanks for the help.
Chinese New Year.....

Slightly different.. 1W diodes..
Amazon.com : Beamswork HE 6500K 1W Series LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant (30") : Pet Supplies
Lumen: 3500
LEDs: 39x 1 watt

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that one when I was looking for a different for the first, but I wasn't sure what the if the 1 watt made a difference compared to the 0.5 watt. Does it really matter and will it still fall in the low/medium light requirement? Thanks for giving another option.

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
I saw that one when I was looking for a different for the first, but I wasn't sure what the if the 1 watt made a difference compared to the 0.5 watt. Does it really matter and will it still fall in the low/medium light requirement? Thanks for giving another option.
Yes..
LEDs Count: 54
2700 Lumens
Lumen wise it is about 30% stronger..

Other option:
$56.47
Weaker but better overall color..

nice thing is they list it this way:
16 Output Watts

The 1w Beamswork is probably around 30-ish "real" watts at the diodes.. not 39.

$39.95 & FREE Shipping

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your help and suggestions its greatly appreciated. Would better overall color be the better asset to look for as opposed to overall power? And can you name the $56 choice the link didn't work.

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
Thanks for all your help and suggestions its greatly appreciated. Would better overall color be the better asset to look for as opposed to overall power? And can you name the $56 choice the link didn't work.
Finnex Stingray Aquarium LED Light

Robot Check

colors is better, power is weaker and coverage over a wider tank is less "acceptable" than a multi row panel w/ some spacing between rows..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.