The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
13,336 Posts
6500k is usually considered "too yellow/green", rarely too blue. The 10000k/acinic on the other hand ..
none of the Beamsworks have "great color".. to be fair most others don't in my mind either.
I'd be more inclined to suggest 2 Finnex stingrays..
2 would be $128...
https://www.amazon.com/Finnex-Stingray-Aquarium-Light-36-Inch/dp/B00NAFQ6D2
-the light color it gives off looks very white to white blueish (see pics). It makes everything look crisp and clear, I like it, especially when it's on in the dark. Some people might want a more natural light look, like a warm daylight color, other more expensive lights can give you this if it's your preference.

Cons:
-if you want a warm light color, go with a more expensive light that you can adjust the wavelengths on
or a bit cheaper:
https://www.amazon.com/Beamswork-FS...&qid=1491857839&sr=1-8&keywords=beamswork+36"
But that would probably be a bit too blue as well..

how about 1 stingray, one 6500k Beamswork.

Only other choices are "color adjustable" lights..at a cost.
https://sbreeflights.com/sbox-fw-plant-lights/34-sbox-pro-32-timer-fresh-water-plant.html

· Registered
63 Posts

· Registered
13,336 Posts
Ok. I'm starting a 29 gallon tank and I have a budget so I want to go with beamworks but feels like finnex is more powerful and is able to grow more plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pent .5w is pretty much "best in class" for decently priced basic strip lights.
just don't get any 3 row .5w ones..
There is a 5 row fspec that is much better than the one in the above chart.

· Registered
477 Posts

Ok thank you. I will probably get the pent version even though I want to get the fancy finnex... looks like fspec is mostly 10,000k which is for marine tanks...

· Registered
13,336 Posts
I don't see a DHL model up there... Pent and DHL are different; pent has 5 rows of .5w leds and DHL has 3 rows of 1W leds the chart has the pent version

HE model.. (does have all whites)

DHL is "old style" case..
https://www.amazon.com/Beamswork-6500K-Lumen-Aquarium-Freshwater/dp/B01LFGKMT6

Lumen: 4500
LEDs: 45x 1W Config: 39x 6500K, 6x Actinic 460nm
can check specs though..
as long as they run the same wattage and have the same diode count/lenght, they will most likely be very similar..
The SMD .5w and 1W emitters are pretty much "industry standard" nowadays...R&D needs to compete and outperform t5/8's..and this size is a sweet spot sort of..

BTW: none of the LED's are "driven" at those ratings.. .5w may be .3w.. 1w may be .8W.. System watts is another story..

· Registered
36 Posts
HE model.. (does have all whites)

DHL is "old style" case..
https://www.amazon.com/Beamswork-6500K-Lumen-Aquarium-Freshwater/dp/B01LFGKMT6

can check specs though..
as long as they run the same wattage and have the same diode count/lenght, they will most likely be very similar..
The SMD .5w and 1W emitters are pretty much "industry standard" nowadays...R&D needs to compete and outperform t5/8's..and this size is a sweet spot sort of..

BTW: none of the LED's are "driven" at those ratings.. .5w may be .3w.. 1w may be .8W.. System watts is another story..

Yeah the HE and DHL seem to be same in the specs. I have not seen the HE for sale so assumed the DHL was a "newer" version of it.

· Registered
13,336 Posts
sizes and styles come and go w/ the container ships.. ;)
Best source is topdogseller.. Also sells through Amazon..
Probably accounts for 80% of beamsworks retail sales... at least under the Beamswork name and not considering China direct.:)
Newest versions are the flat ones...

Aquatraders was another source that apparently has ceased business,though they may be around under another name..
got kind of a bad name when their t5's started burning..;)

· Registered
2,325 Posts
sizes and styles come and go w/ the container ships.. ;)

Best source is topdogseller.. Also sells through Amazon..

Probably accounts for 80% of beamsworks retail sales... :)

Newest versions are the flat ones...

Lol you should get a cut from his sales. Sure me makes some sales through you . Or are you topdogseller??
If so can I get a discount on a 48"

Bump:

Do you happen to have par readings on the 48" Beamswork pent??

Too bad they do not have the 48" da vspec yet.

· Registered
2,325 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.