The Planted Tank Forum banner

Beamswork DA vs DA FSPEC

1829 9
Hey all,

I want to buy one of these lights to illuminate a waterbox 16, which is 14 inches tall.
The DA has 6500k white and a few blues. The Fspec has 10000k whites, with blues, reds and greens mixed in.

I understand that lighting preferences are personal, but is there anyone That would comment on the perceived difference in “color” rendering of these two lights.

Additionally a few folks here had recommended the mingdak dimmer/timer, but it’s seems not to be available now on Amazon. Is there another similar one that you guys would recommend?

Thanks!

Doug
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
13,292 Posts
Hey all,

I want to buy one of these lights to illuminate a waterbox 16, which is 14 inches tall.
The DA has 6500k white and a few blues. The Fspec has 10000k whites, with blues, reds and greens mixed in.

I understand that lighting preferences are personal, but is there anyone That would comment on the perceived difference in “color” rendering of these two lights.

Additionally a few folks here had recommended the mingdak dimmer/timer, but it’s seems not to be available now on Amazon. Is there another similar one that you guys would recommend?

Thanks!

Doug
General idea of "tone"

DHL is the 1W diode version of the DA white..

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys!

So based on the pics, and other statements from some of the other beamswork posts,
The f spec is slightly “bluer” and not quite as “bright”. The da brighter and yellower. I guess that makes sense! I think I’ll order the fspec!

And I’ll order the timer kayakjim mentioned.

Thanks!

Doug

· Registered
500 Posts
Beamswork has one available now, but I haven't tried it... Amazon link here.
I have the Beamswork rise/dim timer that works well. I found it relatively easy and straight forward to program and it has six settings, so you can ramp up and down if you want. I also like that you can choose between fifteen or thirty minutes ramping to the next setting, most only give you fifteen.

· Registered
1,427 Posts
I have the Beamswork rise/dim timer that works well. I found it relatively easy and straight forward to program and it has six settings, so you can ramp up and down if you want. I also like that you can choose between fifteen or thirty minutes ramping to the next setting, most only give you fifteen.
That's great to know! I was wondering how easy it was to set, but figured how bad can it be considering it's designed to set and forget. Glad to hear you like yours

· Registered
1,328 Posts

· Registered
500 Posts
That's great to know! I was wondering how easy it was to set, but figured how bad can it be considering it's designed to set and forget. Glad to hear you like yours
Some of them can be a royal PIA to program. I think it was a Ming-Dak multi-level timer that I could never get to work correctly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.