The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me understand how to figure whether this is high/med/low w/o a par meter. It's on a 20g long.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: perhaps I should add that i am trying to understand led strength w/o a PAR meter. Like what is important to look for if I decide to get another led light and how do I rate this one if say I moved it to a different tank. Is it lumens, watts, lumen/gal, all just in a general rough estimate kind of way.

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Can someone help me understand how to figure whether this is high/med/low w/o a par meter. It's on a 20g long.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: perhaps I should add that i am trying to understand led strength w/o a PAR meter. Like what is important to look for if I decide to get another led light and how do I rate this one if say I moved it to a different tank. Is it lumens, watts, lumen/gal, all just in a general rough estimate kind of way.
It's really hard to do a very accurate estimate..

That said you can guessitmate by using the WPG "rule" and cutting it in half..
1WPG LED = 2WPG t5..

Now on your 20 long, and being so shallow.. You might have 3-4WPG LED equivalent at the 18 theoretical watts of that light..

So I'd reckon medium high..

·
Registered
13,144 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is some PAR data on 30" models..
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/10-lighting/875457-beamswork-razor-6500k-30-par.html

not sure I trust the data on the Razor (Or the Finnex are way too high..??)
Besides he stated a 30" light which has only 36 diodes and 1500 lumens..
Pretty sure it squeezes out a bit more than 40 PAR @12"

I'll revise my guess to medium.. ;)
Thanks I saw this before I asked, but I too noticed it was 30" 54led so I assumed they made a model like that, if not then that should be where I want to look

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Thanks I saw this before I asked, but I too noticed it was 30" 54led so I assumed they made a model like that, if not then that should be where I want to look
Actually there is a 5 row .5W diode one..Pops up on amazon and "that site that shall not be named" 111691272548
Sometimes in the old style sometimes in the Razor style..
Obviously too big but.. gives you an idea..
Amazon.com : Beamswork ELF 1800 6500K 72" LED Aquarium Light 280x 0.50W Freshwater Plant : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : Beamswork LED Pent 24 0.50W Timer 6500K Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant 60 cm : Pet Supplies

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
No the tech itself wouldn't allow much lower w/ those diodes unless you really fobared the engineering. Pretty sure the count was a c/p error..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.