The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a new 100g tank I just picked up as a trade.

Here is a picture of what the guy before me had it set up as. You can't really tell, but the stand is in pretty rough shape. It is scratched up pretty bad and the support boards in the back are all broken. The color is pretty faded as well.

Here are some pictures of me rebuilding it. I replaced the support boards in the back as well as added 1"x1" boards at all four corners for extra support. I also added some extra support boards in the front as well as stripped it down to bare wood and refinished it a nice color.

I will add more pics as I go.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nope, no sumps. I have an Eheim 2217 and a Fluval 304 that I hope will be enough filtration. I also have a couple large power heads that I will plumb in so they will not be visible under the tank to provide mroe circulation. I will eventually be running pressurized co2 with a Rex Grigg style reactor and a heater stuck inside the reactor for a diy combo deal. My next project is to build a canopy for this tank. It will house 4-6 T5 HO 48" lights as well as the ballast and all other related equipment (timers, power distribution boards, etc.). The tank will be moderately planted and I plan to have dwarf cichlids and a few schools of tetras. Dwarf cichlids will include some combination of Rams, Kribs and Cacatuoids.

I just realized you said stump and not sump, lol. Yes he did throw it in. He said he found it floating in a local lake. I am assuming it is ok to use it. He said he has had it in his tank for a long time. It is more of a log than a stump, but I think it will still look nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.