The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that bba would be at bay since I have the co2 at the point where my fish were gasping. I had to lower it down so my fish were less stressed, but I noticed that there's a small bba bush on my spray bar and on the filter out take.

Though my plants are fine with no signs of bba, should I be concerned?

Thanks for the help.

Lissette:smile:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Need to get the BBA off the spray bar. Best outside the tank. If it comes back need to get some SAE's to get rid of it before it takes over.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have SAE's. The nerites get rid of some, but not all of it. I'll clean the spray bar and the out take of the filter for now.

Lissette

·
Registered
50 Posts
Your SAE's most be eating other other foods. I have the same problem with my tank. They ate BBA till I start feeding my tank. They have not/ seen them eat BBA yet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
BBA like areas of high flow for some reason. I have the sae thing in my nano. BBA nowhere but in the holes of my spraybar. Usually I just pull it out every couple of weeks or whenever I feel like it. No big deal.
I have BBA in the high flow areas, just right in front of my outflow lily pipe. right now I'm waiting for a new lily pipe...
I guess the problem might be that the high flow does not let the plants absorb enough CO2 and that might be the reason for the BBA outbreak. (I think :confused: )

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for your replies.

I've just finished cleaning the spray bar and the out take pipe. As long as it's only on these pipes, I don't mind cleaning it off. I just don't want it on my plants.

Lissette:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts