The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so from what I've read, there are very few eaters of BBA. My tank is infested with it.
Over the past few weeks I have bought 2 otos to eat the green algae on my piece of wood and I also bought a green phantom and a blue phantom pleco. Since having these 4 fish, almost all the BBA has been eaten of the rocks and some of the plants.

I was told that none of these fish eat BBA and didn't even buy them thinking that they would. Has anybody else had any experience of any of these eating it? I'm just trying to figure out which ones are doing it. I've seen the otos working around the BBA but never eating it.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I have some ottos, bristle nose plecos and a pack of TSAE, and the only thing I've ever seen eat my bba were the TSAE. I suppose they all will eat it if they are hungry enough. From what I've read about BBA it is supposed to be super bitter even for an algae thats why most algae eaters don't eat it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
423 Posts
SAE will eat it and I think amanos will as well, I only have SAE. I know they eat it, but if the problem is bad you may want to figure out a way to fix it. Unless you want to get a whole herd of fish, it can be hard for a couple SAE's to do it all by themselves, even though they will try.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Amano will eat bba, and most of the baby pond snails I have will eat is also, though they generally put holes in the leaves as well.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts