The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really having trouble finding a balance in my tank and something must really be off for what's going on. If you need anymore descriptions please ask, I have a 75 gal tank with a 48 inch single t8 tube. It's a Philips tank like so it's pink. I inject co2 and it seems like more algae started to grow when I added it but it's supposed to be the opposite which is why I'm confused. I have a ton of root tabs in my tank with Eco complete substrate. I usually dose Api liquid fert but stopped BC the algae was so bad. What is off in my tank???

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know your gonna say that's not enough algae to worry about I just don't want it to keep spreading, the green algae and black beard algae are both new. I always had a problem with brown algae so I switched my lights from cheap less I was using. Either way I still don't think I have enough light, I have all low tech plants Java fern Java moss swords luwigia etc. but anything near the bottom of the tank doesn't grow, only about half way up.
I spoke to someone before and told me I had bad lighting but that was it. I have a 4ft t8 bulb I could switch with the pink one of u think it would be better , 6500k or I'll buy another fixture to have both

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
when i first started my plant tank i tried to keep it low tech and had the same issue. then i had a break out of algae and my friend told me to get co2 and that will keep the algae from spreading and get rid of the algae. i took his advice and it worked and my plants grow a lot better

·
Registered
651 Posts
How old is this tank?

It's normal to have algae outbreaks as a tank establishes. Especially brown algae.

I asked for photos, not to see the algae, but to see what kind and how many plants you had.

You don't have a lot of plant mass there. Are the plants growing well? If you're going to have plants, you should have a lot of them.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I never saw your response, if u do see this I just have a couple more questions. I have the money to buy another fixture, I hate the hole low tech thing because the plants don't look healthy at all. I want my plants to grow faster and in general look healthier. Will more plants and more light get what I'm looking for ? The plants I have now was just a a bundle so my tank looks more like I'm trying to grow random plants than an aquascape. Do you have any suggestions? Rocks? Driftwood? Lights ? to add on to what I already have, Thanks !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.