The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have some other computer gamers on the forums besides me lol. Anyone else give the Open Beta for Battlefield 3 a try? So far, I have found a few bugs (will report them later) But the game runs smooth as butter, and is very intense. A few people I know have said the map that has been released is not one of the best in the game. I say if there are better maps being released with this... Call of Duty creators are going to be crying while hiding under their desks. So far its is GREAT

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
GeToChkn is playing it right now. I may but i'm still down a gaming keyboard and headset so it's put me off any fps's in the last year :/
Im an avid PC gamer though and have a clan that i'm always recruiting for. We use Teamspeak to communicate and have our own server for it as well as a minecraft server we pay for. I play pretty much every major game out there though with big focus' on League Of Legends and the Call of Duty series..

I'm interested in trying BF3, but i've heard it looks just like farcry and hasn't made too great of an impression on people that I know.. I'd be interested in some better view points on it.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the more i see of it the less i am looking forward to it...as it stands now i'll be sticking with bbc2.
really? What about it do you not seem to like? Our family rents a server and have weekly battles in BFBC2, and I personally feel that BF3 is far superior so far, and its only in beta. I do not know yet about the vehicle dynamics, but will hope to find out soon.

GeToChkn is playing it right now. I may but i'm still down a gaming keyboard and headset so it's put me off any fps's in the last year :/
Im an avid PC gamer though and have a clan that i'm always recruiting for. We use Teamspeak to communicate and have our own server for it as well as a minecraft server we pay for. I play pretty much every major game out there though with big focus' on League Of Legends and the Call of Duty series..

I'm interested in trying BF3, but i've heard it looks just like farcry and hasn't made too great of an impression on people that I know.. I'd be interested in some better view points on it.
As for farcry... I can agree a bit, and disagree a bit about the graphics. It does look far more realistic than previous games. But the Gameplay is PURE Battlefield. i have played every PC Battlefield title, and this one feels more like Battlefield 1942, much more intense than previous battlefields. The different animations do take some getting used to. No longer do you just magically leap over fences, but it sort of shows you sliding over them as someone in real life would. It also does not take a whole clip to take out an enemy.

I say, give it a try. But remember this is a BETA, which is the last testing phase of the game, there will be bugs. It will give a good feel for how the game will be once released though.

·
Registered
618 Posts
really? What about it do you not seem to like? Our family rents a server and have weekly battles in BFBC2, and I personally feel that BF3 is far superior so far, and its only in beta. I do not know yet about the vehicle dynamics, but will hope to find out soon.
it feels somehow lacking to me, especially on the metro map. i play BF for huge open maps with plenty to do, and destruction.

i also never play rush because i hate being funneled into a bunch of waiting defenders (read: campers).

the metro map is everything i don't want to see... an open park with nothing in it and no destruction and then a metro section that's even worse because you have nowhere to go (other than get funneled) and without destruction.

it is just one map of course and i hear the others are better, but what a horrible map to use to show off the game... it has nothing that you would expect from a BF game...

i'm also not a fan of prone because people camp and i like the dmg levels in bc2. it doesn't take a whole clip if you're accurate :icon_wink and even so, the time to kill is still only like .3 seconds.

it's going to take some getting used to for sure, and it is still good... but not as fantastic as i had hoped when i first saw it.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I've been playing it on PS3.

What I don't like:

I'm really disappointed in the graphics and all the graphic bugs. The videos on the website are many times better than what I have seen in the beta.

There isn't more customization of the button layout.

The colors of the names above players heads are sometimes hard to distinguish between friend and foe.

All the extra animations like kicking out legs when jumping over walls.

Can't mute players.

I have ran into a few game play bugs, like all of a sudden loosing the ability to aim down the sight. But this fixed itself when I respawned.

What I do like:

The size of the map, number of players in a match.

Sounds

Gun power and hit zone seems pretty spot on.

Requires more team play

It's different than COD

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Im DLing the BF3 Demo on Xbox right now. Funny this thread popped up. Im a HUGE COD player and am counting the days until MW3 comes out. BF has always intrigued me but never pulled me away from COD...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Im DLing the BF3 Demo on Xbox right now. Funny this thread popped up. Im a HUGE COD player and am counting the days until MW3 comes out. BF has always intrigued me but never pulled me away from COD...
some friends of mine are pretty big COD fans and they hated the BF3 beta. played it a few hours trying to like it and said they just couldn't.

I was like well its just the beta, I'm planning on renting both before I make a choice. I'm tired of the same old COD stuff and holywood single player. I want a change of pace but I'm not sure BF3 will be enough to sway my mind.

I do plan on getting one or the other though. I'd get both, but I'll be lucky to have time to play just one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
ive been nerding out over it for 2 days now on the ps3
its a little buggy, but its a beta so whadya exspect, i love it
i just the stats on the guns were a little better/more clear in range and power

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I down loaded it a when it first came out. Played 5 or 6 hours now. Its fun. I didnt like it at first but its growing on me. They are a ton of bugs they need to fix. In Xbox one there are tons of places to get under the map and kill people. I have also noticed that it flashes sometimes but then will stop once you are killed. Still seems to be a little lag like COD has when you think you got to cover but still get killed. All in all seems fun. I wish they would have demo a map with vehicles.

Anyone want to play hit me up... ZID ZULANDER is my gamer tag as well. Xbox 360 though.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been playing it on PS3.

What I don't like:

I'm really disappointed in the graphics and all the graphic bugs. The videos on the website are many times better than what I have seen in the beta.

There isn't more customization of the button layout.

The colors of the names above players heads are sometimes hard to distinguish between friend and foe.

All the extra animations like kicking out legs when jumping over walls.

Can't mute players.

I have ran into a few game play bugs, like all of a sudden loosing the ability to aim down the sight. But this fixed itself when I respawned.

What I do like:

The size of the map, number of players in a match.

Sounds

Gun power and hit zone seems pretty spot on.

Requires more team play

It's different than COD
Being that this is an open BETA, they need to make the game as small as possible for people to download, so developers tend to push out the BETA with lower graphics capabilities, the texture maps ect. take up a huge amount of space, so you will have a reduced graphics capability with a BETA. You also need to look at the fact that most of the pictures you have seen online were created with the PC, which at this point with the aging consoles is going to far surpass the consoles in graphics capabilities. It will take a hefty PC to run the game in ultra for the graphics. the BETA is also on a month delay from what is being worked on now before going live. This BETA is mainly a server and game stress test, they put this out to as many people as possible to test the servers and the games ability to handle as many people as they can get. So.. I would not be surprised if the map holes and the prone bouncing ect. were already fixed for the GOLD release. I agree with some of the annoyances with the player names ect. I LOVE the new animations though, makes the game feel smooth, and bunny hopping is more annoying to me lol.

Battlefields main focus for game play has always been team based. So, if you are coming from a COD background.... the lone gunner tactics will not work nearly as well. (I have played both COD and Battlefield since the beginning lol)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Being that this is an open BETA, they need to make the game as small as possible for people to download, so developers tend to push out the BETA with lower graphics capabilities, the texture maps ect. take up a huge amount of space, so you will have a reduced graphics capability with a BETA. You also need to look at the fact that most of the pictures you have seen online were created with the PC, which at this point with the aging consoles is going to far surpass the consoles in graphics capabilities. It will take a hefty PC to run the game in ultra for the graphics. the BETA is also on a month delay from what is being worked on now before going live. This BETA is mainly a server and game stress test, they put this out to as many people as possible to test the servers and the games ability to handle as many people as they can get. So.. I would not be surprised if the map holes and the prone bouncing ect. were already fixed for the GOLD release. I agree with some of the annoyances with the player names ect. I LOVE the new animations though, makes the game feel smooth, and bunny hopping is more annoying to me lol.

Battlefields main focus for game play has always been team based. So, if you are coming from a COD background.... the lone gunner tactics will not work nearly as well. (I have played both COD and Battlefield since the beginning lol)
good point about the beta issues. The video using the xbox on the website looked pretty good, so I'm holding out hope that you are right about the lower graphics to make it easier to get the beta out to folks. I can totally understand why it would be that way. I just wasn't expecting it at all and had not heard any other reviews of the beta before I downloaded it and played it so I was a little surprised and disappointed.

Another thing I like about the game that I forgot to mention earlier is that it makes me think this is what you'd get if you combined MAG with COD, which to me is a good thing because I liked MAG before they started screwing it up with updates and I like COD. BF seems to be a nice balance between them.

I played BF2 (didn't buy it though) and I liked everything about it except the name colors and figuring out friend from foe.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the planes and helicopters in this game.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I didnt know it was an open betta. Ill definitely have to check it out. I loved Bad Company 2 so Ive really been looking forward to Battlefield 3. Not much of a COD fan, anymore.

Ill be playing it on PS3. PSN id is cardgenius.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I didnt know it was an open betta. Ill definitely have to check it out. I loved Bad Company 2 so Ive really been looking forward to Battlefield 3. Not much of a COD fan, anymore.

Ill be playing it on PS3. PSN id is cardgenius.
they aren't anything alike unfortunately. bc2 is miles ahead of bf3.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.