The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a banana plant that is thriving in my low-tech setup. I have a 36 gallon bowfront with 48 watts of T5HO and I dose Flourish Excel every other day. New bigger, brighter leaves have been popping up over the last few weeks; however, now something is happening that I haven't seen before. (I've had the plant for about 2 months.) What appeared to be the stem for a new leaf started growing last week. However, instead of growing a few inches and then having a leaf bloom at the end, the stem is growing straight to the top of my tank. It's probably about 7 or 8 inches going straight up. It has something on the end that looks like it will be some sort of new growth. Does this plant flower? Is it growing another banana plant? Any ideas?

·
Registered
302 Posts
it's a "Lilly" pad I've heard people say if you don't cut it the leaves submerged will die but that didn't happen to mine i didn't trim it and left the pad above water and it stoped producing submerged leaves just continued to shoot pads to the top once i trimmed all the pads of and kept trimming the new shoots it started to produce submerged leaves again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts