The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this pretty bamboo. I've seen lots of people keeping it, just bury the roots in the gravel, and they grow and grow until they're over three feet(?) tall. Right now mine is in my 30 gallon to-be-julidochromis-breeder tank.

Does anyone have some PERSONAL experiance on this?

·
Registered
862 Posts
It isn't bamboo. Do a Google search for dracaena.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It's all thanks to you! Without your advice, I'd never had found out what the NAME of this was even!

Errrr......Do you have some personal experiance?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Not personally, no. Mostly second-hand and "they say" sorts of things. But unless you've got lots of time to experiment, there's no sense in re-inventing the wheel as it were!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just put mine in my 30 gallon.....I covered the roots. The leaves stick out of the water, it's quite tall!

Is it okay if I keep it completely submerged?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Never in any of my tanks. My wife has several in various places throughout the house in vases mostly with marbles in the vases rather than gravel. As long as they have water and some light they seem to thrive. I think she might mist them from time to time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I searched a bit, and they say at least part of the top has to be out of the water. So it looks like there'll be some time before I put it into the tank again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts