The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been surfing the internet for plant stuff when I come across a bamboo charcoal shelter for shrimp. Aside from the obvious benefits to shrimp, the seller claims that this piece of bamboo improves the water quality by adding minerals.

Am I missing something? This sounds too good to be true. Okay, as charcoal, it'll absorb impurities and other chemicals you don't want. Depending on which seller you look at, bamboo charcoal can supposedly also add minerals, absorb (electromagnetic) radiation, give off good radiation and releases negative ions (for a refreshing effect).

Any clarifications are greatly appreciated.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
haha, nice.
The claim is in the same vein as wearing foil on your head to block out alien rays.
You have to watch out for these shrimp products.

It would make a good shelter though but so would a pvc pipe.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Finally a way to protect my shrimps from bad radiation while giving them the benefits of good radiation. Joking aside, I have seen these products on the interwebs myself, and I am a bit curious to see what actual users have to say about them. Please post whatever info you can uncover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.