The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all I was looking at some bamboo shrimp at PETCO can anyone give me some basic facts about raising them? They look pretty cool so was interested in raising them with my other fish in my 55 gallon. A few facts about my tank...55 gallon, two marine land penguin hob filters one UV sterilizer on for a few hours a day. About eighteen plants including water wisteria amazon swords and anacharis. Water change once every couple of weeks, liquid ferts (sea chem flourish) API co2 booster API root tabs oh and a for the extra filter slot on the penguins I add extra carbon and API ammo chips changed once a month. I think that's about it. Gee I didn't realize I had so much going on lol ;) oh I forgot the fish I have two red eyed tetras two bala sharks and ten neon tetras and five giant danios.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info I appreciate it. I think if the fish are goin to pick on the shrimp I won't get them. Right now all my fish get along with each other quite well. I don't want to I reduce an crustacean that will be harassed. I try hard to keep my tank " in harmony" as I use it for relaxation purposes as well as personal enjoyment and attractive decoration. I've had luck with ghost shrimp in the past I might try them. There are lots of places to hide in my tank with faux wood and the plants.maybe y'all can suggest something else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts