The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small 5 gallon fluval v spec that currently houses cherry shrimp and a cobalt goby. I would like to add a bamboo shrimp, a larger animal that can be a focal point but not hurt my cherry shrimp or the shrimplets. Currently I rarely have to feed bacter ae but bamboo shrimp require slightly different care. Since they filter feed will bacter ae be enough? I thought bacter ae promotes biofilm growth on surfaces so the bamboo shrimp will not receive the food? Or is there enough biofilm in the water column using bacter ae to feed bamboo shrimp?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
16,061 Posts
First: Rehome the Goby. Seriously. It needs a much larger tank, some tank mates and faaaaast flowing water. Along with tons of Aufwuchs. This is not a personal attack or insult - but keeping that fish in a Spec V is cruel. Please rehome it.

You should not add a Bamboo Shrimp to that tank under any circumstances. They also need larger volumes of water because they're filter feeders. Without more water, it's tough to maintain proper parameters.

Bacter AE is generally not great. Feel free to use the search function to read about it. It's unnecessary.

I know it sucks to hear this because you mean no harm but the tank you have is only suitable for Cherry Shrimp. No Goby. No Bamboo Shrimp. That tank is not suitable for a larger animal of any sort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts