The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to petsmart on Boradway and Divison. I could not belive i found then here in the city for that cheap.

Well i just wanted to let you guys know where they were at and how they were. I bought the biggest one they had. :icon_smil

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't suppose these are the same as ''marbled" shrimp?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great link! Thanks! But no Marbled Shrimp...I'll have to get a species name for them...

·
Registered
12 Posts
They have them here too. They are 12.99 and mis labeled as Marble Shrimp.
...do you know for certain what they are? They don't look like the bamboo shrimp, unless there are several varieties or subspecies...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry, didn't notice the price in the title for some reason. (feels incredibly dumb).

Yes, that's quite expensive actually because I've seen them for sale at certain PetCo's for $5.99. I even went to Petsmart and asked if they'd do a price match but the manager told me they don't do price matching on livestock which I thought was kind of BS since it's an extremely competitive store and it being a chain.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The PetCo here has them for 5.99 as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think he's right...I know that Petsmart charges more for their mice, for instance, to discourage people from buying them for feeders...may well apply to all their livestock...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought one at the same PetSmart on Broadway and Diversey. The poor thing only lasted a month before I found him upsidedown in the sand. I also paid $11.99 for that same shrimp. It was my first shrimp that I have ever put in my tank, it was rather large for a shrimp from what I know. Pretty cool he would sit on my crypts and sift the passing water with his little feathery food collecters.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I bought one at the same PetSmart on Broadway and Diversey. The poor thing only lasted a month before I found him upsidedown in the sand. I also paid $11.99 for that same shrimp. It was my first shrimp that I have ever put in my tank, it was rather large for a shrimp from what I know. Pretty cool he would sit on my crypts and sift the passing water with his little feathery food collecters.
You sure that wasn't just his/her molt? I've been fooled a few times ...

·
Registered
67 Posts
dead shrimp

Yea, I am pretty sure that it was dead not a molt. Unless it has been invisible for the last month. I think it was due to my lack of experience with shrimp. I think it may have been that it was not getting anything to eat but I am not sure. Anyway, I have done some research on shrimp and am gong to give it another try.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts