The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 24” Coralife 1x65W 6700K is on electronic timer. The fixture is about 2 years old, may be a bit longer. Lately, once in a while, the light doesn’t turn on at the scheduled time. It would, however, come on when I manually switch it off (on the light fixture, not the timer), wait a minute or so, and switch it on again (it doesn't come on if I toggle the switch off and on quickly, but waiting a minute or so almost always works). I checked the wires and connections inside the fixture and nothing appeared loose. Does this look like a ballast problem or is it the bulb? There’s no flicker when the light comes on.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Its the ballast. Mine would work sometimes for weeks with no problem but then a few weeks it wouldn't come on when you hit the switch then just come on by itself. Then sometimes it would start up and run an hour then shutoff then come back on hours later.

http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=670

thats where i got mine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.