The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have a 20 gallon planted tank setup with a co2 tank system setup. Currently I have my co2 injected at 1 bubble per sec. My ph is 6.8-7, but it swings 7 plus at night. Is there a way to balance this for adding livestock? I intend to add some cardinal tetra to the tank for some life. I am an amateur when it comes to co2 injections. Can I chemically balance the ph with a white vinegar dose to bring the ph down? Or would un cured drift wood be a better long term solution to consistently maintain a ph at 6.8-7. How do people consistently maintain that ph with a co2 injection?

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
When injecting CO2 you do not want to maintain a constant pH.

The pH swing from adding CO2 is nothing to worry about. Every CO2 injected tank has a pH swing every day. It's not the same thing as altering pH by adding carbonates and changing dKH.

I drop my pH from 6.25 to 4.85 from CO2 injection every day and keep a tank full of mature Rainbowfish. If you get to know people here that's normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When injecting CO2 you do not want to maintain a constant pH.

The pH swing from adding CO2 is nothing to worry about. Every CO2 injected tank has a pH swing every day. It's not the same thing as altering pH by adding carbonates and changing dKH.

I drop my pH from 6.25 to 4.85 from CO2 injection every day and keep a tank full of mature Rainbowfish. If you get to know people here that's normal.

Got it. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts