The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, After seeing Grindhouse, it brought back a lot of memories of old "B" movies. I guess the B movie has been turned into the straight to video release. Now you don't expect much out of a "B" movie made with almost no budget, and no actors of any acclaim, but thinking back there were some major studio movie releases that I thought were great then, but now I find below some grindhouse flicks.

Here are 3 big studio flicks:
Commando - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Cobra - Sylvester Stallone
Delta Force - Chuck Norris

As a teenager, I loved these movies, as an adult I wonder what the hell I was thinking.

Have any?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Here's a kung fu classic...The Last Dragon. Who's the master "SHO NUFF" yeah. And who could forget Big Trouble in Little China. Awesomeness one flying roundhouse kick after another.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Here's a kung fu classic...The Last Dragon. Who's the master "SHO NUFF" yeah. And who could forget Big Trouble in Little China. Awesomeness one flying roundhouse kick after another.

the Last Dragon is the exact movie that came into my head. I just got it on DVD today!! Sho Nuff the Shogun of Harlem

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dumb and Dummer but I don't think that was a B movie. They still make tons of cash off of it.
OK, I must be too adolescent, I still laugh at this movie.

I was talking about not "B" movies that are as bad as "B" movies.

LOL, Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon, with the typical 80's music. Exactly!!!:proud:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
haha, I've been a B movie fan for years, particularly with horror movies.
Peter Jackson's:
Bad Taste
Dead Alive

Lucio Fulci's:
Zombies 2

My friend also has a movie from the early 90s...so bad it's funny, called Sorority House Massacre 2

Also, anyone ever see any movies with Frank Stallone? (Sly's brother, who had a short-lived B movie career). Very bad acting/funny type of stuff.

Also, Army of Darkness is borderline B movie. The predecessors (Evil Dead 1 & 2) definately are, but AOD was in the theatres, had a larger budget and did fairly well I thought.

Edit: Burks -- Yes, I think the original Sniper with Tom Berenger and that snobby villian from Titanic was in the theaters. I actually watched that about 2-3 years ago and really enjoyed it. I haven't seen the sequels, but I heard they weren't as good. No, I don't think any of those
made it to theatres.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Not much. I haven't lived that much to experience it though :p. Maybe the pokemon movies? LOL. But I haven't seen it now so I can't judge a movie through the stereotype of pokemon being "silly."

Hm.... I dunno. How about Kung Fu Hustle? I saw it too many times (maybe like 50 times) and now its boring. But after two months or so I watch it again and its brilliant again. LOL. Otherwise I've enjoyed or hated all my movies and still do.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
POWER RANGERS IS AWESOME! HOW DARE YOU! :p.

But I've seen movies that I thought were horrible when I was youngER but now realize it was a brilliant movie recently. Such as Totoro or Princess Mononoke.

Also all the classic movies you see in school.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Foriegn but no mainstream. Awesome action movies. Big Recommendations to these 3.

District 13 (France)
Battle Royale(Japan)
City of God(Africa)

Western: The Gun and The Pulpit

Horror: Ticks, Killer Clowns, Toxic Avenger

Comedy: Black Brigade, Pootie Tang, first two Friday's, Airheads, Pauly Shore Movies, CB4, Super Mario Bros., Strangebrew, Mallrats, Kentucky Fried Movie, Blazzing Saddles

Kung Fu: any old school=not american (I consider the US ones mainstream) Jet Li, Jackie Chan, or Bruce Lee Movies, Master Killer, Fist of Fury, 36th Chamber and the Return of,

Action: McArthur Park, S.F.W, Natural Born Killers, Bloodsport, Universal Soldier, Maximun Overdrive, The Warriors, Boondock Saints, Full Metal Jacket, New Jersey Drive

Other: Waking Life, Yellow Submarine, Flash Gordon, Fear and Loathing,

Not all are really B Movies technically. Not mainstream either.
I could keep typing, but its about 3 in the morning and the late night matinee's will be on aka movies you hardly ever see. The thread got me in the mood.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.