The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To let Church know he's not alone, I'm going to share my most pathetic break-up.

I was set up with a mother of twins by my stylist. Being the nice guy I was, I thought I'd have an interesting time and not assume anything about her being a single mom. So we met for coffee and had a good time! At the end of the date we made plans for dinner.
I made plans to drive about an hour away to have dinner. I went to get a single daisy and ended up getting a stem with multiple flowers(1 flower = cool, 1 stem = cheap). After that I picked her up.
During the date I ran a red light and was chewed out for attempted homicide of a childs mother. The date went a little better after that and ended up almost worse. Needless to say we didn't make plans for another.
Now it gets stupid, for some reason I changed my mind from being glad to have 'dodged a bullet' to being fascinated with the holes the bullets made in the wall. So, I practically begged her back. Write poetry... all that stupid stuff!!! We agree to be friends and I end up being used by her for the rest of the summer (listen to her relationship problems, help her move and all of that crap.) Then when she found someone else, I felt betrayed and miserable for a long time!
Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
I was an idiot and put myself through crap because I wanted it.

This isn't Church's case, but getting over this was hard to do. Telling it was embarrassing. But seeing someone else going through similar cases sometimes helps.

Does anyone else have a story they'd be willing to share?

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Interesting story. I don't think that would be attempted homicide of a childs mother though LOL... just an accident. I'm sure you didn't intentionally run the red light.

I don't really have any to share, since i'm 15. :hihi:

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
I will share... Since I know my X does not care about Planted Aqautics.
I dated and we lived together for about 6 years. We had 2 children together at the time of this breakup the age was 3 yr old and 1 yr old. One night she wanted to go out with her friends. Now I am a very reasonable man and don't mind. The time I do mind is when she does not return home till 5:30 AM with liquor on her breath and no phone call. She also drove home.
Well the yelling started and soon it came time for me to head out for work. When I returned home I noticed Police Officer in the driveway all I could think was great what she do last night that caused this. I walked in and the officer asked me outside. He told me she wanted me out of the house. I was like WHAT?? Oh I also had custody of my 8 year old son. I had custody of him since he was 2 yr old.
So here I am 3 hours away from any family which her family was local. I guess it was to much of a inconvenience for her to stay at her parents till everything got worked out. So it is 8:00 in the evening. I have to work next morning pack up my things pack up my sons things and find a place to live in less than 12 hours. Lucky I had good friends that helped me out in this tight situation.
About 2 months later I moved back to my home town. She wanted to come visit me but I put my foot down and said no. Then she used the kids against me and never let me visit them. It took me 3 years to get enough money to afford a layer to get visitation set up threw the courts.
Well now 8 years later I have since achieved a degree in something I love. Have gotten married. Wonderful family. Got the best job I ever had in my life.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kid, the key to happiness is to find the woman who will do all those things with you!

Well, most of them anyway.

OK, one that will let you do those things when you want.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A guy I broke up with about 3 years ago because he was a selfish childish jerk-face[I was 19 at the time, he was 21], has been trying to get with me for 3 years now.He randomly e-mails me or sends me myspace mail, saying we should hang out. And I'll be like, sure, you were a fun person to chill with, you, Sean [my boyfriend of 2+ years] and I can go hit up the diner :)! He'll be like, Oh, Sean ? Yeah No thanks.

Rofl.
Next time don't tell him you're bringing Sean. He should probably figure it out by now. It might help him grow up.:eek5:

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Well now 8 years later I have since achieved a degree in something I love. Have gotten married. Wonderful family. Got the best job I ever had in my life.
See?
She did you a favor.
Should send her a thank you card and the poor sap she's with now a cold beer. He needs it more than you. Nothing is less attractive than a worm crawling back.

Sucks when kids are involved and whacked parents no longer think what is best for their own kids and go into psycho mode.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
OH god I have a ton of break up stories! The worst one that messed me up for a while was that I dated a guy for a year and a half and in the end of it all he still was in love with his X who lived in a different country and who totaly didn't want him. After that I had a bunch of boyfriends some I had a crush on some were just because LOL Now I am happily married to my best friend, we known each other for like almost 10 years and in the last 4 we realized we are made for each other :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
My first girlfriend ever (i was 14 or 15 at the time) didn't ever break up with me or anything, she just stopped responding to me, but i knew it was over when she was making out in the hallway at school with the guy we went on a double date with. :hihi: I'm actually really happy that happened, though, because she introduced me to a bunch of good friends that i kept through all of high school.

An aside=== The best way to get over a breakup is a good game of racquetball... There's nothing like a violent racquet sport to relieve some stress.:red_mouth

·
Registered
183 Posts
I will share... Since I know my X does not care about Planted Aqautics.
I dated and we lived together for about 6 years. We had 2 children together at the time of this breakup the age was 3 yr old and 1 yr old. One night she wanted to go out with her friends. Now I am a very reasonable man and don't mind. The time I do mind is when she does not return home till 5:30 AM with liquor on her breath and no phone call. She also drove home.
Well the yelling started and soon it came time for me to head out for work. When I returned home I noticed Police Officer in the driveway all I could think was great what she do last night that caused this. I walked in and the officer asked me outside. He told me she wanted me out of the house. I was like WHAT?? Oh I also had custody of my 8 year old son. I had custody of him since he was 2 yr old.
So here I am 3 hours away from any family which her family was local. I guess it was to much of a inconvenience for her to stay at her parents till everything got worked out. So it is 8:00 in the evening. I have to work next morning pack up my things pack up my sons things and find a place to live in less than 12 hours. Lucky I had good friends that helped me out in this tight situation.
About 2 months later I moved back to my home town. She wanted to come visit me but I put my foot down and said no. Then she used the kids against me and never let me visit them. It took me 3 years to get enough money to afford a layer to get visitation set up threw the courts.
:eek: :frown: :)

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
I don't care how fun it was
I don't care how exciting it was
I don't care how good looking they were
I don't care how bad it was

Everything will work out in the end. :thumbsup:

Oh and Tom I should give that guy a beer. My X has so gone down hill. He saved me life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts