The Planted Tank Forum banner

bad, bad day

627 5
Well, I did something stupid, and during a water change on my 75 I managed to spill the entire contents of my brand new jar of salty bee shrimp from alphapro into the aquarium. Then to top it off after emergency water changes my grandaughter dumped my fish food (flake and pellet) on the floor. Seems during the emergency I didn't put it away. Being on a fixed income sucks. Now I need to wait until next month before I can afford either.

I could have screamed! Could have been worse, could have bought the big bottle of salty shrimp! Just hope the shrimp babies can hold out a couple weeks.

I think I saved some of the salt. Chunks that hadn't powdered. Anyone know if it is safe to use still? Was in the 75 for only a few seconds at most. Will try to dry it out.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. My first batch of baby crs in our shrimp tank. Want to keep the water change schedule I have established, rather than waiting until the first week of February to order more.

Yep, sucks. Oh well, I will try and come up with some extra auction items for the annual PVAS auction, maybe I can defray some cost.

Crap happens. What matters is what you do afterwards.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Well silver linings! At least your granddaughter dumped the food on the floor and didn't feed the shrimp because they looked hungry!

I have extra Fluval shrimp food, be happy to throw some in an envelope to you if you need some to tide you over. I know fixed (or no) income feels like when you have an emergency :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well silver linings! At least your granddaughter dumped the food on the floor and didn't feed the shrimp because they looked hungry!

I have extra Fluval shrimp food, be happy to throw some in an envelope to you if you need some to tide you over. I know fixed (or no) income feels like when you have an emergency :)
I thank you very much for the offer. She dumped my fish food for my 75 gal. Her mother once fed all my fish when she was 5. What a mess!

I was able to save 2 small chunks of salty shrimp, so I have enough for 2 to 3 water changes. Just sucks that I paid 28 bucks for it, and lost 95 percent of the bottle. Fish seem to actually be a bit better. I was adding it to the 75 gal because my tap water is extremely soft, 34 ppm. I ended up over doing it lol. I am mostly grateful I didn't lose any fish!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.