The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is my first ROAK here, and i want to make this a fun one.(you know, first time and all) :)

so for a little bit of a fun, post your funniest story involving a toddler(there should be plenty to choose from), or your funniest "oh $#!+" moment involving one of your tanks.

one story will go towards one plant. just indicate which plant you want the story to go toward.

the best story(as judged by my wife) put towards the bocopa will receive all of the bacopa for the price of a flat rate medium deep box,(18 dollars) and the best story put towards the Myrio will fetch it for a regular medium flate rate price of 11 dollars.

if one person wins both, ill combine them into one box.
the ROAK will go on until next weekend. we would like to ship the plants out the following monday.

now, onto the pics... my wife picked up a single bunch of the bacopa nearly two months ago and the myrio about three weeks ago. they have both turned into monsters... lol.

the bacopa: close shot showing the color that it turns when you expose it to bright actinic bulbs.

another, to show how much you will be getting. the tiles are 8 inch squares. my hand is also there for size reference.

and now for the Myrio:

the plants will be floating in a ten gallon tank for one week. if nobody posts any stories up, we are probably just going to toss it. its a lot of plant to be tossing out, but we are making room for things like R. macandra and such.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I don't need any plants, but I will post a story just to entertain you good people :)

When my aunt's family first moved to Australia, they weren't so well off and started low.

With the addition of a new baby a few years later they needed to work even harder to support the family and the highschool son.

The mother of the family worked a few part time jobs often all day and sometimes late into the night. This continued on for many years before the parents found a stable job and everything began to work out.

it was during a day in the baby's third year when her mom brought her back home from day care. Exhausted, she set the kid down to play and fell asleep on the couch. She was woken up by a most peculiar smell and a funny itch on her face. A little voice was saying " make -up for mommy!"

something was painted over her eyebrows...
"I do mommy's eye brows"

then her lips.....
"mommy's lipstick!"

"and...."

By that time the poor mom had woken up to pull the toddler waving poo covered hands off her before she continued any of her poopy artistic make-up endeavors.

needless to say, the tale is still passed around the family these days as entertaining conversation, and the now teenage girl denies that it ever happened whenever it is mentioned.

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Heres a funny story I would say that my daughter said this weekend.
This is towards the Bacopa:

My sister inlaw say to my daughter,

Sister: "what pets do you want when you grow up? cat or a dog?"
Daughter: " neither, I want fishes so i dont have to pick up poop!"

Sister: "you definitely Han's(me) kid!"

LOL!

thanks for the RAOK!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
My wife has moments when she loves to bake (really experiment with baking) and i have the habit of bringing home pastries because i am a foodie. so one morning, we crack open a box of fresh muffins and brownies from our local bakery for breakfast. It was a lazy weekend day so we're sort of half snacking around the living room and munching while mommy attempts to bake yet another round of cupcakes which all taste about the same. Our 2 year old son comes up and offers me some brownies. At this point, I dont remember handing him any food as we all know food goes everywhere other than his mouth when he isn't in his feeding chair and when i say brownies, it isn't the kind from the bakery.

Given that my other two kids and I were comfortably laying around the couch watching tv, i asked my son to "Please give mommy some brownies, yum yum good brownies". so innocently the two year old hobbles to the kitchen with hand proudly held high.

At ear shot you could hear his gentle voice say yum yum good browneeeeeeee mommy... Pause... then *SCREAM*

Sean, THIS ISNT BROWNIE!!! O M G!!! *insert profanity* It was in my mouth *insert more profanity*

(update) thanks but i just wanted to participate with the story. Please share the plants with others.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So my story towards the bacopa

Little backstory, my buddies and I have been online pc gaming every Friday for over a decade. One of us always had the slowest pc or internet connection, so over the course of the decade one of the trash talking that I've come up with is Waiting....
while waiting for his computer to load into the game.

So two years ago my daughter was born and since I watched over her Friday nights, she has spent many nights sleeping in my office in her infant carrier.

Bout two months ago, I'm helping get her ready for church in the morning. And after her coat is on she goes and starts yelling to my wife," Mommy Vaiting".

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just like asokashi, I'm not interested in the plants, but I would like to share a story:

As many of you probably know, traveling with a toddler involves frequent potty stops. A couple years ago, when traveling to see family for Christmas, we had to stop at several gas stations, rarely to fill up, but to take the two-year-old to the bathroom.

When we finally arrived, we turned around and went to Christmas Eve service. The two year old fell asleep during the service, and while bringing her out the car after church, she woke up. She is not a happy person if she is woken up from a nap.

We tried to tell her that we were now going to open presents at grandma's, but even that didn't calm her down. On the way back to the house, we realized we were very low on gas. A gas station was on the way to the house, so we pulled in. In the middle of her wailing, she stopped, noticed where we were going, and cried, "But I don't NEED to go potty!!!"

·
Registered
131 Posts
this is for the bacopa,

this one is actually about me. one day, when i was about 2.5 i was playing baseball with my dad in our front yard. Mom had the video camera out so as to document what a wonderful day this was. so dad is pitching the wiffle balls to me and then i hit one as hard as i thought i could with my little plastic yellow bat. so dad screams "go to first go to first", then "go to second go to second", then " go to third go to third" and finally "GO HOME". So as i was passing third base, i stopped, turned around, ran into our house, locked the doors and shut off the lights. All on video

·
Registered
109 Posts
For the bacopa

Our first son was about 2 or 3 months old when my wife was changing his diaper on the changing table. When she lifted his legs up to put a new diaper under him, it put enough pressure on his tummy that he decided that it would be a good time to fart/poop at the same time. So out shot this semi liquid lime-green poo flying across the changing table, across the rocking chair, and onto the wall about four feet from the changing table. My wife started laughing about it and called me in. It was very funny to watch, but not quite as funny once I had to clean it up. One would not think that such a small baby could literally shoot poo across the room.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Heck ill go in on the ummm Myrio I guess...

So my 6 yr who was 5 at the time loves his video games, but whenever he gets stuck or can't "beat" a level he yells for help. The wife and I have been trying to teach all the right lessons, "it's only a game", " keep trying you can do it" and so on. Well needless to say he continues to get upset and cry when he can't "win". So one day this has been going on for a bit and he comes outside still crying and I tell him "that's it if the game is making you so upset than you're going to get off and quit playing". He turns and looks at me in his most serious look and says "daddy I'm not upset I'm obsessed"!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I do not need the plants, but I am new to this forum (and planted aquariums) and simply want to start networking and so on...

This was a few years ago.

We were out shopping and my son, who was like 2-3 at the time has to go potty. When he said he had to go, he meant like right now, no holding it. So I quickly wisk him away to the Walmart restrooms, not paying attention to anything other than my son and his need to potty. We enter the restroom and headed for the first unoccupied stall. He takes care of business and it was at that moment my senses start to focus on things other than my son. Women talking is strange for guys restroom I thought. I can remember then thinking "Oh, please don't tell me!". We exit the stall cautiously and lo and behold nothing but women. One of them quickly says "you know this is the girls restroom?". My son starts crying hysterically so I ask whats the matter. He says, while crying, "I thought I was a boy, I don't want to be a girl". He hasn't been the same since. Barbies and a pink room. Ok, well actually kidding about the barbies and pink room and he is fine. Embarrassing moment in time though... :icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Towards the Myrio:

I don't have any funny toddler stories and I really don't have any funny tank stories but I def have an "oh #%*@" moment with a water change though......

I live in a house with my boyfriend of 7 yrs and our 2 dogs Oaky and Stella, both pitbulls. I must preface that my boyfriend is not crazy about all my tanks and if it were up to him, I'd probably not have any lol.

Presently I have three tanks in our living room and 4 tanks in one of the spare bedrooms. At this very instant we are looking for a house to buy with a basement(wink fishroom wink) but we haven't found "the one" yet. I use an Aqueon water changer to vacuum and wc all my tanks and I use the bathroom sink from the hallway bathroom. this is right across the hall from the spare bedroom and just around the corner from the living room.

I usually do my wc's on the weekends and the bathroom sink is quite small. I'm usually very mindful about constantly checking the sink to make sure the water level is good and not too high. This particular day I got into the vacuuming zone on my Electric Blue Jack Dempsey tank in the living room and I forgot to listen to the water or check the level and next thing I knew, my feet were wet. My [email protected]$$ flooded the whole bathroom, rugs, hallway and hallway rugs and part of the spare bedroom and living room (where I was standing). Needless to say bf was NOT happy and I had to go out and buy a shop vac to suck up all the water! You would of thought that a hot weather heater had blown.

Needless to say, now I'm extra paranoid and I check the level every 5 seconds! I also use more buckets with the tanks that are furthest away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry i havent responded back about the ROAK, been busy. after homework and duties, i tend to be a bit absent minded...

anyway, im loving the stories everyone! my wife will ultimately be the judge of who wins. the ROAK will continue until sunday night.

i forgot to mention this before, but the Myrio looked totally different when i got it. i grew it out under extremely bright(and harsh) 24/7 lighting. although it seemed to love growing, we didnt like the way it grew under 24/7 bright lights. it grew in pretty leggy. in another (normal) tank there is a small piece that is growing much slower, but looks a lot better.

im not sure what that is worth, but i figured i would let you all know. chances are, it wont grow the same in your tank.

·
Registered
774 Posts
for the bacopa....

Learning on the job is definitely true when having a newborn. Years ago, I had my son on the changing table to change his diaper. He was on one of those changing mat and covered with a silky soft sheet on it. I pulled off the dirty diaper and getting a new one ready, I was like "oh no!" There was more poop coming out the mushy kind! I had to put my hand there to catch it.

So, the lesson I learned is to immediately put another diaper under them before doing cleanup.

Another quick one is when he was around 3-4 years old, whenever he tells me to do something or want something...I would joke around and use the phrase, "No way, Jose" He yelled back with a response of "My name is Zachary, not Jose!"

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks for the awesome Roak. In for the Bocopa.
So my story begins when my son was almost four years old. He just turned seven in December. Who here remembers this or know what this is?

Yep, its wrestling. I watch it from time to time and my son would sometimes walk in and catch a glimpse of it. I always tell him its too violent and for him to go back to the main living room with his mom and baby brother.

We try to be discreet when having sex due to the fact that our son was getting older and his room was across the hall from ours. We'd wait for our sons to fall asleep before getting it on. One night during a heated session, he came banging on the door asking what we were doing. He must of woken up to the noises. :angel: We only had a split second to respond.
"Buddy, we're just wrestling and its only pretend. Go back to sleep." I said reassuringly through the door.
"Open up, I wanna see mommy."
"Babe, you better go see your son." I whispered. So my wife puts on her robe and lets our little guy in. "See buddy, I'm o.k. Mommy and daddy was just pretend wrestling.
I had thought this event was past us, boy was I wrong. Due to the fact that I just came back from Pennsylvania for a job really made me miss my wife. I serenaded her all day and after we put the kids to bed.

We began. Everything was going smoothly. Usually we lock our door during love making, but this night was going so well, I must of forgotten.

We were in missionary position under the sheets when out of no where our little boy transformed into the incredible HULK and pounces on my back then proceeds to HULK smash me. "STOP HURTING MY MOM!" He yells.

His mom starts laughing and then reassures him she was OK. She calms him down and took him back to bed. We still laugh about it to this day.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ill add another to the pot as this just happened last night? We're walking thru Walmart and I break away from the family to pick up a prescription. As my now 6 yr old passes by he hollers out "dad did you pass gas." Geez you gotta love them.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for the laughs everone. winners picked, pms sent.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts