The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to setup a 5.5g planted nano. i want to do the "Island" scape, with an island of taller plants in the center and a carpet of glosso surrounding it. but i don't know what to do with the background. my other tanks i have painted black and i like how that looks, but i want something a little different with this tank. the place i will be putting the tank won't have anything nice behind it, like a window or a nice wall or anything.

i'm inspired by this though:

how would i achieve that look in the background? would painting the back white, and then putting a small cool white light behind it to illuminate it and give it that "otherworld glow" work?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I think a light blue graduating to whitish blue at the top would go well with an "island" look. Or maybe a blue that progresses to sunset colors? It might look neat with backlight. I've tried the white background before, I didn't have the backlighting but it didn't seem to look right for me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, i don't mean "island" as in tropical bahamas island. i mean island in the general sense that the plants are scaped in such a way that they resemble an island.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.