The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some input before I go forward with my new tank.I was wanting to do a dramatic background, a painted black to blue fade. Now I am not so sure I will like it, and might want to do something lighter. I cannot leave it without a background, as the wall behind the tank has a color break. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I actually made my own backgrounds for my two 55gals. The cichlid tank has a shale rock background, and the angel/community tank has what will eventually be a moss wall for a background.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Come on guys there are so many more ways to backdrop your tank. First is the easiest and possibly the cheapest. Paint. Then there's sign vinyl usually about .50 to 1.75 per ft. Or you can drop a dime on the 3d backgrounds quick IMO are totally over rated. I went to a local stonemason and got the trimmings from his cuts. They eventually made a nice background.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If your doing a tank where the hardscape is key, or a tank with comparatively few plants, then a background can add a lot. However, I usually prefer a lot of plants, so my preference is to use no background at all. By the time I add driftwood and plants, any background is more or less blotted out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts