The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a vague question. I need some ideas on a background. I currently have a blue background. I'm not thrilled with it. It's a lighter blue. I think the light blue makes the aquarium too bright. It has black on the other side and I've tried that and hated it. I thought about trying a dark blue or maybe a rock pattern. What do some of you use as backgrounds? I don't think my plants are full enough to go with no background.

Thanks,
Karl

·
Registered
890 Posts
Kind of a vague question. I need some ideas on a background. I currently have a blue background. I'm not thrilled with it. It's a lighter blue. I think the light blue makes the aquarium too bright. It has black on the other side and I've tried that and hated it. I thought about trying a dark blue or maybe a rock pattern. What do some of you use as backgrounds? I don't think my plants are full enough to go with no background.

Thanks,
Karl
I use a dark blue background, but now the plants cover the entire back of the tank. You could also do a custom background, like slate or something. This all depends on the size of your tank.

-Ryan

·
Registered
69 Posts
I paint the back of all my tanks. With paint you can get very creative with various textures and colors. The trick to painting is multiple very thin coats. The effect can be very pleasing.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I actually used a large peice of black sandpaper....about 60 grit lol. we were refinishing the floors and it was leftover. It actually made a really cool texture that was very subtle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.