The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get a new betta fish as my old one died, the problem is I had to keep my other one in a different tank as no matter what background I put on it would fight its reflection all day, he had to be moved to a small tank with no background and I don't want that again, what do you guys do? Also the filter is a bit flowey haha, will this stress it? Its not like a washing machine but its definatly there.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
I have had plenty of Bettas and they all act differently. Some will fight their own reflection all day long. Some will not care about anything. Some will flare every time something in the room moves (myself). I wouldn't worry about it too much until you figure out the personality of the new one.

As for flow, I have kind of found the same. Though you don't want a ton of flow, I find some Betta's I have kept avoid the filter outlet and I have to turn it down. Others love it, even the ones that get pushed around. I temporarily put a Betta in a high flow tank and it would continuously swim to the outlet, get thrown back 30 inches, and swim back to do it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.