The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of the planted tank seen for a few years now. I pieced out my last high tech tank, and jumped into saltwater tanks. I have a 55 gallon saltwater tank presently.

My son recently asked for a fish tank, and he wants to do plants. So im thinking low tech, with some swords, corkscrew val, staurogyne repens, and some anubias. If anyone has these plants available please let me know, thanks. :smile2:

Found a good deal online for tank, and stand. Going to modify stand slightly, and probably pick it up tomorrow. Its a 29gallon, and I feel maintenance on this tank would be pretty low. Not to much work for my 12yr old.

I'll share my progress as it goes. Excited to be back in it again. Also attached a picture of my last planted tank just for fun, and skill level. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great can't wait to see what you have in mind! Have you drawn out a scene for the tank yet or are you just going to wing it?
I havent really thought about it to much. I probably wont be running co2 this time. Dont feel safe leaving a presurrized co2 container in my childs room. So it really limits me on plants. The picture I posted was running co2, and it really makes a difference in the red plants.

Im thinking corkscrew vallisneria in the background, with a amazon sword or 2. Couple pieces of driftwood covered in java moss, and anubias. Maybe some repens in the front, and some crpyts for color.

Bump:
Beautiful! I'll be setting up my first planted tank on Thursday; it's really amazing how little I know!
Exciting! Scaping the tank is my favorite part in the setup. Also theres plenty of people here willing to lend a hand. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Bump:
WoW....Nice planted tank. I like the colors.

Thanks for the compliment. Cant go wrong with co2! Makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I havent really thought about it to much. I probably wont be running co2 this time. Dont feel safe leaving a presurrized co2 container in my childs room. So it really limits me on plants. The picture I posted was running co2, and it really makes a difference in the red plants.

Im thinking corkscrew vallisneria in the background, with a amazon sword or 2. Couple pieces of driftwood covered in java moss, and anubias. Maybe some repens in the front, and some crpyts for color.

So basically you are talking about my first planted tank ever! Great plants and very simple care relatively speaking. Keep us posted on how it goes!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

So basically you are talking about my first planted tank ever! Great plants and very simple care relatively speaking. Keep us posted on how it goes!
Well I was supposed to pick up a tank. I had the money ready, and the seller didnt respond for 4 days. She finally responded with a " sorry I sold the tank already ". WTH we had already spoken and set a date to pick the tank..............oh well. Back to craigslist

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well I was supposed to pick up a tank. I had the money ready, and the seller didnt respond for 4 days. She finally responded with a " sorry I sold the tank already ". WTH we had already spoken and set a date to pick the tank..............oh well. Back to craigslist

People.... Best of luck finidng another one!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally found an awesome tank, for an awesome price. I dont know how big it is, but this thing is pretty huge. The measurements dont match any seaches on google. So im guessing its at least 50gallons.........probably more. Presently leaking testing, and gonna scrub the little amount of film on the glass today. I also picked up a fluval 404 locally for cheap. Just need a heater........hint, hint.

Measurements are 24x21x26......roughly if I remember correctly. Anyone want to guess how many gallons?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.