The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I haven't had a tank in a while, my last one was an attempt at an iwagumi a few years ago, I ended up getting cyano and pretty bad hair algae, and after taking on two jobs I tore it down because I had no time to devote to it.

I moved to NYC this past August from Virginia, and felt I needed a slice of nature in my apartment, so my partner built me a custom stand out of some prop tables from his job and galvanized pipes and I pulled my 6 gallon out again!

Lighting: Finnex Ray 2

Hardscape: Seiryu stones and manzanita

Substrate: ADA Amazonia regular and powder

Filtration: Eheim 2213

Hydor in line heater

Pressurized co2

Ferts: Undecided, I have some ADA step 2 and brighty K left from my last go round but I'm considering EI

Flora: Also undecided but I'm thinking Monte Carlo for the foreground, Blyxa japonica for the background

Fauna: Some sort of microrasbora and amano or cherry shrimp

Flora and fauna are sort of undecided but that's what I'm leaning towards. I want to perfect my aquascape and get the tank balanced before I attempt stocking. Looking for any sort of feedback/suggestions on the hardscape! I haven't put the Aquasoil powder in yet so I'm going to work on getting taller slopes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I cover all wood bases with a plastic sheet, then some kind of tablecloth to make it look more presentable.
Where I care less about presentation, some newspaper with the edges sticking out underneath the tank is great at wicking up and drying out water spills.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.