The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently had some baby yellow king kong.
When i bought the shrimp, two arrived berried. I kept them in a hang on breeder box until they hatched. Everything ive read says that baby shrimp dont move around much there first week.
I would like to state that is not correct. I had the opertunity to watch them this weekend.
Friday night, both berried. Sat afternoon. Only one berried. A few hours later both females are egg free and molted. I watch the baby shrimp crawl all over the walls of the breeder, the moss, the botanicals. They explore and forage quit freely. I dont know why all the literature states they dont move for a week.

·
Super Moderator
15,835 Posts
Not sure where you're reading that shrimplets are inactive the first week. They may hide a bit the first few days but beyond that, they're all pretty active from day one. That's been the case with all shrimp species I've kept the past 30 years. If anything they're more active than adults. Usually all over the place - especially on sponge filters and moss.

YKKs, if you're talking about the Caridina species and not Neocaridina, are a hybrid of Tangerine Tigers and Blue Bolts. In my experience, Tigers are way more active and strong than their standard Caridina counterparts, so I'd expect a hybrid to be similar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts