The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was feeding the fish in the 70 gallon and what do I see? A baby glowlight tetra!

Plant Water Green Terrestrial plant Organism

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - I just saw another, so there are two!

Those glowlights are now more than 2 years old. They were in the hospital tank just after I tore down the 58 gallon and set up the 70 gallon in early august. I don't recall when I put them in the 70 gallon (maybe late august?), but I'm guessing the change from the neutral water of the hospital tank to the acid water of the CO2-supplemented 70 gallon prompted them to spawn. They did seem a lot more perky than they had been in the over-grown 58 gallon, but I just attributed that to them finally having room to move. Who knew that love was in the air (or water in this case)!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I just love it when the fish breed. You know they are happy when that happens! Then when the fry survives, that's even more terriffic!!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Time to get yourself a small tank, cover the bottom with marbles, and spawn a fresh crop.

I'm raising Zebra Danios at the moement. The hardest part for me is remembering to feed them more than once a day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts