The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
What are the dimensions of the tank? What kind of metal halides, what wattage and brand? Is the T-5 a 4bulb t5ho, if so what brand. Exactly which Flourish supplements are you using? What are your nitrate and phosphate readings?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are the dimensions of the tank? What kind of metal halides, what wattage and brand? Is the T-5 a 4bulb t5ho, if so what brand. Exactly which Flourish supplements are you using? What are your nitrate and phosphate readings?
Tank 42 x 31 x 21 high (inches),

Metal halides and bulbs guiessman T-5's all 4 are new. MH wattage 150(?). The light is for reef tanks w dimming of all bulbs including a halogen moonlight. There is enought light for corals if needed.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Maybe you could put in a link to the fixture. This is all one fixture? with 2 x 150 watt metal halides and 4 x (?watt) T5 (HO or NO)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You could have high light with just of the T5's if they are HO with good reflectors. Co2 must be maintained at adaquate levels with hi-light, and N,P and K, must be maintained at:

Nitrogen, 10 - 20 ppm
Phosphate, 1 - 2 ppm
Potassium 10 - 20 ppm

plus your micro's.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe you could put in a link to the fixture. This is all one fixture? with 2 x 150 watt metal halides and 4 x (?watt) T5 (HO or NO)

http://www.giesemann.co.uk/260.htm

the moonlight, 4 54 watt T-5's, 2 150 watt MH's 1 halogen

Lighting is more than adequate. The fish are thriving, ro/di water changes 30%/each week the ferts. I think it's the sand limiting spread.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Are you adding anything to the ro/di water for your water changes?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you adding anything to the ro/di water for your water changes?
I use a water hardness monitor by american marine to monitor and maintain stability in the water hardness the hardness is measured in seimen units and stays in the upper 3 hundred's when needed I add sea chem equilibrium .
f y I the pool sand releases quite a few elements into the water adding to the hardness

·
Registered
240 Posts
I highly doubt its the pool sand preventing the spread. Are you using fert tabs in the sand? This could be a major problem if you aren't. How much ferts are you dosing. I would at least double the recommdations on the bottle if you are using that much light. That still probably won't be enough honestly. How are you measuring c02? You might be better off turning off your halide lights. You don't need that much light. you would have to pump in a ridiculous amount of c02 to maintain proper levels. Just my ideas on the topic goodluck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.