The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got him yesterday. Really hoping his stripes come in fully.. The middle bar is somewhat in.. He's only quarter sized at best so I'm not sure it's possible to fully know yet. Anyone have experience with growing out baby silver angels?

Will the below angelfish have a middle stripe or it will always be mostly faded depending on mood? I would hope as the fish matures it's middle stripe would darken... I really love this little guys fins and lively spark. Thanks for any insight, pics below!

angelfish.jpg

angelfish2.jpg

:):fish::)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Btw, these are the best pics I could take showing his stripe. So when he's far away or mood changing, he shows a little less stripe. However he frequently looks like these pics.

Got him yesterday. Really hoping his stripes come in fully.. The middle bar is somewhat in.. He's only quarter sized at best so I'm not sure it's possible to fully know yet. Anyone have experience with growing out baby silver angels?

Will the below angelfish have a middle stripe or it will always be mostly faded depending on mood? I would hope as the fish matures it's middle stripe would darken... I really love this little guys fins and lively spark. Thanks for any insight, pics below!

View attachment 56955

View attachment 56956

:):fish::)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a general rule that it doesn't pay to be too gaudy when you are still bite size!
Good to know my young angelfish appreciates the finer points of modesty. So IYO his middle bar may intensify?

He's super tiny, so it's hard to see his markings when he's near the back of the tank poking around. When I'm right next to him I can see them a lot better. So I'm thinking if he just grows a bit and matures... it should be more visible.. I really want to see all his stripes when he's older!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
With most fish the younger ones have less coloration and when they get older their colors get more vivid and noticeable, This same goes with angelfish so it will most likely darken up

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With most fish the younger ones have less coloration and when they get older their colors get more vivid and noticeable, This same goes with angelfish so it will most likely darken up
But there is also a chance that it's just genetic that he will have very faint stripes right? At what size should I expect to start seeing his true colors? He's like a quarter at best right now.

Does he look like a good pick? It was tough picking him out of a tank of like 30 near identical angels!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Substrate color will affect an angels coloration, dark substrates will help it show darker. They tend to mimic surrounding colors, not changing pattern, just affects darkness of pattern. Most of my angel tanks are bare bottom and painted black to help bring out color. Snuffy317

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Substrate color will affect an angels coloration, dark substrates will help it show darker. They tend to mimic surrounding colors, not changing pattern, just affects darkness of pattern. Most of my angel tanks are bare bottom and painted black to help bring out color. Snuffy317
I figured this was the case with blending into his environment. Which kind of stinks b/c I have a sand bottom… So does that mean that at times he's just going to be faded looking?

I really hope he can look past his environment and provide the necessary stripe intensity to please his owner!

Does it look bad for the fish not to show his stripes? What do you think planted tank? Luckily he looks super healthy which IMO really helps with his aesthetic…

1 - 9 of 9 Posts