The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its summer and I have been working lot and playing outside as much as I can. So my fish tanks have been getting neglected a bit am sorry to say. But for the first time I found a baby shrimp. He is in a very well planted tank with galaxy danios. I am so excited I was starting to think I would never get any babies. I use to put a new over my intake tube but took that off thinking no need for that since there are no babies.

Since not going crazy cleaning my tank my HC has really taken off. I have a full lush carpet. I still switch my co2 and add ferts every now and then. But I am not doing as many wc. It seems to be doing this tank well.

Baby shrimp are so cute this little guy is about 1/3 the size of the adults.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The first time I spotted a baby shrimp, I couldn't believe my eyes either, very exhilarating experience. Definitely check your filter, you should have more in there, and you should see more of them in a week or two once they grow a little bigger.

Attached is a picture of the bottom of my canister filter, there were at least 30 shrimp running around in there, all baby, or juveniles, adults cannot fit in the skimmer slots. Since I must run a surface skimmer (too much bio film), the shrimp will swim into it. They live a good life in the filter, so I do not mind, plenty of garbage for them to eat. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope there are more then one. I have RCS and only 5 adults. I do have the Galaxy Danio in the tank so it will be interesting to see how many new shrimp I get.

I thought about checking my filter but its a Aqua clear. The intake goes right into the propeller so I figure They would not make it. I will take a close look tomorrow.

here is my little guy. it is exciting to know I have babies.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I hope there are more then one. I have RCS and only 5 adults. I do have the Galaxy Danio in the tank so it will be interesting to see how many new shrimp I get.

I thought about checking my filter but its a Aqua clear. The intake goes right into the propeller so I figure They would not make it. I will take a close look tomorrow.

here is my little guy. it is exciting to know I have babies.

I found 2 tigers and a CRS full adults in my aquaclear before I put my sponge on, so if 3 adults can make it through, shouldn't be a problem for babies to. And thats an aquaclear 300, very powerful. lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.