The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have baby ghost shrimp...remember I cheated...I bought berried females. I have at least 4 that the nasty little guppy fry did not eat. They are floating around in the tank like mesquito larva...tail up...they are alive because when an adult gets near them, the flick their tails and away they go...I have pennywart floating, and they tend to stay in that.

Is there anything special I need to put in the tank for food? I have algae wafers that the adults seem to love, and there is green algae growing on the pennywart...I have a seasoned sponge filter that I sometimes see the babies on...any other care that they need?

Also, how quickly do shrimp babies grow? I think I have already seen a molted baby shell...it did not look like a dead baby...just the exoskeleton (sp?) but I could be wrong.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
644 Posts
They'll probably find plenty to eat without you doing anything, but you could always chop up a few algae wafers into smaller pieces and distribute them throughout your floating pennywort. As it softens up, the babies will eat it.

Not sure what kind of shrimp you have, but growth rate is similar in most dwarf shrimp species IME. They'll probably be 1/8-1/4" in a few weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts