The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if I should get something like Ebiken Ei for my shrimp since it sounds like it is the most liked baby food out there. (Shrimp in question are Neos and Caridina)

Out of the following baby foods, would Ebiken Ei be the best choice?
Borneo wild Bebi, Ebiken Ei, Shirakura Chi ebi, bee pollen, Mosura BT-9/mosura bioplus.
I have heard of people using all of the above to help feed baby shrimp.

I already have Mosura BT-9 and Shirakura chi ebi. The only one i use for babies is the shirakura powder. But is it worth buying Ebiken Ei, or are my two baby foods good enough to ensure proper baby survival and growth?
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i have not tried that yet. i heard all shrimp love it, but i have doubts about the bee pollen being nutritious. do babies grow fast from it, not have any issues, and have good survival?
also i don't know if i can trust the freshness of the bee pollen i buy.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
I'm certainly no expert on bee pollen. LOL But I do use it in my tanks for the babies. To me, I have a better survival and growth factor but I have no charts to back it up. ;)

As for freshness- who knows? I can say mine is from a 2012 yield, but some sellers are honest and some sellers not so honest, so again- who knows?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, with my luck i'll probably buy some random old stuff and would pollute my tank for nothing. i would rather not run the risk.

So what do you think about the other foods like ebiken Ei? do you think what i have currently should be enough to have good yields of babies, especially caridina?
I'm trying to decide whether i should go out of my way to buy another baby shrimp food because i was planning on making some other purchases of shrimp goods.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ok, i'll do that, thanks guys! Once i run out of something, I'll use Ei. but idk if thats even going to happen lol. i think i've had my shirakura packet for two years now :p and its still 80% full i think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.