The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got baby pandas!!! I'm doing my regular w/c on my plant grow out tank and there he is!!! SO LITTLE!! This isn't a tank I stare at much. I just take care of the plants and go. These are several weeks old. The tank has flourite and Amazonia in it so you can kinda get an idea of the size. SO far I've seen two of them. I don't know how many there are. I'm so excited.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Its actually not that easy to breed Pandas. Congrats, your tank must be healthy :) local Tank bred fish are the best you can have. enjoy!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the tank are just some cherry shrimp, very few (where are they going?), 1 rasbora and 2 pygmy cories. Just added 2 chain loaches (tiny loaches). I'm so excited!! Here are some more pxs.

Blurry, but 2 babies with 2 adults.

Adult on left, baby in box

Can you find him?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Beautiful! I believe I have some panda fry pics from a few years ago saved onto my external HD. Let me try and see if they were saved.

Found them:

Corydoras panda of various sizes.

Close-up shot of a Panda fry, looks ~1 month old.

A pair of Oto and something beneath the bottom Oto.

Top shot of a C. arcuatus.

I'll stop getting off-topic with the random old pics.
Congrats on the C. panda fry, I think they're one of the easier Corydoras species to breed but more sensitive to water conditions.

Hope you enjoy the pics,
-Epi

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's just so cool to find babies in your tank. It doesn't matter how many you've seen. I always get excited when I see other people's fry announcements too.

So far in my decades of keeping fish - other than livebearers, I've had fry, not just spawnings. from:
Angle fish
Dwarf Gouramis
Zebra Danios
Kribensis
Panda Cories

Other's that I've seen spawn in my tank:
Madagascar Rainbows
Blue Congos
Red Concogs
Frucata Rainbows

I think that's all.... :D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the congrats! I don't know anything about breeding them. I guess I should read up. I guess the ones who really needed to know was the cories! LOL :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow! Congrats! Very cute fry! Or, now that they're bigger, can you call them Cory panda cubs? :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Aww cute! Congratulations! Are panda cories a smaller variety than most? I used to have a couple of them and they never got as big as the other cories I had.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are so little. Yes, they are a small variety of cories. Yes, I think Panda cubs is very appropriate. Good call! ;)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Very cool! Panda's, unlike a lot of other cories lay very few eggs at a time so there is not a big hatch.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Very nice!

I've been trying to get back into breeding cories again. One of my favorite fish

1 - 20 of 20 Posts