The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I noticed a new occupant in my tank. It's the smallest cutest little fish we've ever seen (because it's our first baby). I yelled to my wife we've got a baby Corydoras's! Because we do. This is the first fry we've had that actually survived. We're allways trying to keep the Angel fry alive in the community tank without success and suddenly a 3/4" Panda Corydoras is swimming in front of our eyes. My tank is very densly planted with E. Tennelus, I have no idea what the Cories are doing down there in the grass. Well...now i have an idea.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Panda corys are my favorite...that is good news. Try to post some pics if you can

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's awesome, I've had success breeding panda's (well, not my success exactly, and not on purpose). The first time I had only one survive, then came others. I used to scoop babies but now I just leave it alone and the rates of survivorship are much higher. Lots of plants help!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations! I'm so jealous, I'm having trouble finding more Panda Cories to buy, I sure wish mine would spawn so I didn't have to!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Monday my wife was admiring our baby (Corydoras) and I was working on the tank than sudenly I noticed a baby at the other end of the tank than another. So there's at least three. One is definitely larger than the other two. Yah.

·
Registered
230 Posts
congrats I recently added 10 of them to one of my tanks and hope some day to see more in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts