The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. I have a 40G breeder tank for my shrimp. I have ONE panda cory. I did have 2 but one died about 2 months ago. but yet, I found a baby!
how can this be?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a pair of Trilineatus cories which have bred repeatedly in my tank. Not all the fry survive, but last summer I had to catch 7 of them to give to a LFS for credit as that was too many for my tank.

It's likely they spawned before the other died and you are just now seeing the results.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just remembered that I took a piece of driftwood out of my main tank and placed it in the tank about 4 days ago. I do have ottos that breed often. not many survive because they usually get eaten. so, the eggs could have been on that wood.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Man, I would be more thrilled about the otos than the corys. I had 3 otos for 8 years and they have yet to spawn. How did you do it?
My corys do spawn, not enough to make me rich, but they do, so I l know they are happy but I can't get the otos in the moode.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for the delay in responding. no power due to the damn hurricane!
i dont do anything special for the ottos to breed. I dose dry ferts, high co2 and tons of plants. it was just a lucky situation that i moved the drift wood.

its been four days and now I see 5 baby ottos. still alive but not sure what they are eating...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts