The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bounce:I have to give credit for this find to my son who spotted a baby assassin snail in one of our tanks. :proud: I wasn't even aware how successful these snails are at reproducing in our aquariums.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's a baby assassin snail Congratulations! It' will not reproduce unless you have a male/female together. I have (4) of them and they love my MTS snails and ramshorn snails as a meal. They love bloodworms if you do not have snails for them to feed on.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just got one from a dealer at this years Aquafest. If I had the money and hadn't left my brain at home I would of at least gotten two. What a neat creature. I hope my angelfish will leave it alone when it sticks it's neck out.

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What interesting is that I moved a single assassin snail (I have 4 total) from my 125 gal to this 75 gal recently. I guess I moved the female after she mated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's the best way of getting rid of snails, they ate of all them in my 180L tank, in a matter of weeks (I have 3 of them).
I am not sure what they're eating now, they're hiding most of the time.
I hope they're still alive :icon_conf

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy smokes! I just found 4 more baby assassins in the filter. Unfortunately two were next to the impeller and didn't make it, but the other two were at the bottom alive and well.

·
Registered
748 Posts
cool , congratulations

1 - 9 of 9 Posts