The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I take it that the little white blobs attached to the walls of the tank are eggs that didn't really "hatch" properly? I've had 3-4 per day since babies started showing up. Then they disappear... I assume bigger guys are eating them?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shrimp don't lay eggs.

To me the white blob looks like a water stain (outside of tank).

Doesn't look like a snail egg sack from this pic. Looks to big to be a empty shrimp egg to me?
I forgot I posted this question yeasterday, haha. I just asked it again in someone else's thread. Here's a really clear shot of one. Def not water spots on tank. For one thing, I'm trying to hard to witness a hatching, to leave spots. For another, they MOVE! LOL.

If you look closely, you can see that there's "something" inside the little (sac?). FWIW I took this photo about ten minutes ago, and this little blob has migrated over to the corner already.

Bump: (The "corner" is JUST outside the frame in this photo)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. Yep, as Matuva said, those are limpets. Harmless, pretty much a flatter shell snail.
Didn't notice what you were talking about in the first pic. I was looking at the white thing (finger nail shape) top left of the pic, along the first 1/3 mark line, and to me that looked like a water stain of a dried up water droplet sliding down the glass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.