The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setting up a few new tanks currently, and researching stock options. Have a 55 and a 150 tall cycling without a plan for stock yet other than aquscape. I do want to do an axolotl tank for sure. Questions are, will a 55 be enough? I've seen the recommendations roughly equal to fancy goldfish for stocking limits so I'd figure 3 would be a good number. Also I've seen the temp requirements, our house is normally kept at 74° in summer and 64° in winter. Would a chiller be required for the summer months? They are quite an expensive investment so I want to be sure I have the proper environment.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Don't really know anything about keeping axolotls, only did some research once for a friend who wanted one. 55 gal would be more than enough for one axolotl, and the bare minimum to keep two. The temperature needs to be about 61-65 F so you will need something like a peltier cooler. On my list I had listed 'low wattage LED lamp (ex. 40W), peltier cooler, canister filter (reduced flow), and lid.

Hopefully someone with an axolotl can weigh in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.