1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I'm guessing this would be a combo timer, and solenoid. How small can you set the timer interval? I can see where something like this might be used for top offs, but I would still want a float switch used in conjunction for safety.
I would imagine for the drain cycle, 1 of these paired with a syncronized timer, and a pump on the timer.

A couple week links:
1) c batteries.
2) interval not small enough

But I'm still interested to how how it goes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The duration can be set from 1min to 3hrs. And the frequency can be set from 6 times per day (every 4hrs) to once per week. And the start time can be set in 2hr increments (even numbered hours of the day).

It can also be triggered manually to run for a set duration then shut off automatically.

Haven't tried it on a tank yet, but bought a second one to play with indoors one of these days when I get around to it. The one outside has been working great for watering the lawn for the past couple weeks.

I think I'd want to mount it over a tank or sump just incase the garden hose connector drips like most tend to do over time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.