The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has ever used an automatic feeder to dispense wet foods like baby brine shrimp. I'm looking to set up a system like this to feed my fry tanks. I just can't seem to feed three times a day withouy any consistancy?. Anyone ever tried this?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I was thinking about one those hatching units, but you just can't control the amout of bbs that enter the tank can you? I don't want 10,000 bbs in my 10G fry tank in a 24 hour period. Thanks for the reply Epicfish.

·
Registered
974 Posts
There is the Eheim Liquidoser.....you can set it up to dispense up to 10ml a day from what I can remember.....How long bbs will live in a liquidoser is hard to say though - at 10ml a day I think I had to refill every 5-7 days.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I heard the continuous brine shrimp feeder is no good since it is inside the tank itself. When you have to clean it you might acciendentally spill the salt water in the hatchery in to the tank. Plus bbs will only be good for 24 hrs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.