The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the CO2 pumping out of the cylinder via a milwaukee regulator and SMS122 ph controler, but I set the controller for a ph of 6.5 and often it reads 6.7 or 6.8 and it doesn't always release CO2 bubbles at those readings.....why not? It would seem that it should in order to lower the ph back down to 6.5. Any thoughts on this??

- John

·
Registered
46 Posts
What is the differential for that controller. If you set it to 6.5, does it turn on at 6.6, 6.7,6.8? Does it turn off at 6.5,6.4,6.3? If the differential was set to .2pH, it would turn on at 6.7 and turn off at 6.3, if the diff was .1 it would turn on at 6.6 and turn off at 6.4. I have no experience with this controller so I cannot say how it works, but maybe it is on a timed operation like if the pH is higher than 6.6 for 30sec, 1min, etc... then it turns on. Just throwing out ideas.

Edit: just did some searching. Looks like the differential is .05pH (not sure how it can be that accurate). Here is a link to a good explanation:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/equipment/5966-milwaukee-sms122-setpoint-question-again.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.